Monday, July 23, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Odd Thomas is the main character's real name, and he is, true to his name, an odd person. To me, he seems like an awkward, but still very likeable character. I can't wait to continue reading it!
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Chocolate Flan Cake
-1 box devil's food cake mix
-1 jar (11 oz.) cajeta or caramel topping
-1 can condensed milk
-1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
-1/2 cup milk
-1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-5 eggs (plus extra for the cake mix)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Soften cajeta in the microwave and pour into a greased bundt pan.
3. Prepare cake mix according to directions and pour over cajeta.
4. Pour condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk, cream cheese, vanilla and eggs into a blender and mix well. Pour batter slowly over cake batter.
5. Spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray and cover pan lightly.
6. Set pan in a bigger baking pan with deep sides, and add hot water to 2-inches deep.
7. Bake for exactly 2 hours. No peeking!
8. Remove from oven, and the water, and let set for 15 minutes before inverting.
Note: when inverting, remember to use a deep plate that is at least 1-inch deep and 3-inches wider than the cake all around, or the caramel will run off everywhere!
Sunday, July 1, 2007
It was a fun event to cover, and her parents are absolutely wonderful people. They were friendly, easy-going, and great to work with.
The party itself involved a lot of dancing at the end. Going to an event like this really makes us feel old, though! Songs like "chicken noodle soup" just make no sense at all to us, and we could hear our parents' voices in our heads, asking us what in the world we were listening to... Are we becoming our parents??
So, I guess we better get to work. We have lots of photos and video footage to edit. We'll probably spend the rest of the week in the editing room!
Look at that happy family! And isn't that boy a cutie? If he could only stay still for more than 2 minutes...
Don't know what happened to his hair here, but he's still a cutie-pie, isn't he?